The agroeconomic modelling group of the Technical University of Madrid is looking for agroeconomic modellers in the field of water-energy-food nexus.
The selected candidate will:
- Actively participate in research projects in the field of water-energy-food nexus, as well as the drafting of scientific publications and policy reports.
- Contribute to the analysis of case studies in Spain, including interviews, stakeholder workshops and data analysis.
- Be involved in the development of agroeconomic models (GAMS language).
- Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics or closely related field.
- Proficient oral and written English skills.
- Knowledge of economic modelling methods and tools.
- Highly developed GAMS and/or R programming skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Wide knowledge of Spanish agricultural and water policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Position: One-year position, renewable up to three years. Conditions according to standard regulations in Spain. Gross salary based on qualification and experience.
Work place: Department of Agricultural Economics, School of Agricultural, Food and Biosystems Engineering, Av. Puerta de Hierro 2, 28040 Madrid.
How to apply: Applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – with the reference AgroEcos2017 in the subject line – attaching: (1) a detailed curriculum vitae, (2) a motivation letter, and (3) names and contact details for two referees.
Deadline for applications: Applications received by August 10th, 2017 will be reviewed first. Late applications will be considered if a suitable candidate is not identified by the deadline.